THE “INNER FIRE YOGA” 200 HOUR TEACHER CERTIFICATION TRAINING
Next Training begins September 2017 - stay tuned for details!
Tuition: $2350 (*Payment Plans Available)
*Payment Plan Option: A $500 non-refundable deposit is needed prior to the start of the training to hold your place. (Please also see our policy regarding deposits/refunds under Schedule & Fees tab) . You can then choose to make $400 or $300 monthly payments beginning in February until the balance is paid in full. Please note that payments must be received by the end of each month! Balance must be paid in full prior to graduation in order to receive teaching certificate. The $500 deposit becomes non-refundable a week before the start of the program.
Study the dynamic, traditional relationship between the sister sciences of Yoga & Ayurveda in the Indian Vedic tradition know as Sanatana Dharma, the path to Eternal Truth.
You are invited to join the area's oldest and most respected Teacher Certification Training. It is held at Yoga On Main, the oldest studio in the Philadelphia, which has maintained a stellar reputation in providing Yoga related education since 1992. Yoga On Main is a "Yoga Alliance" certified school. The Yoga Alliance is the largest nationally recognized organization for the development of quality standards in Yoga Education and the certification of yoga schools and teachers. We are listed as "Inner Fire Yoga LLC" on the Yoga Alliance Web site. Our unique training program is extremely well balanced and highly regarded in the yoga world. Our highly qualified instructors have extensive experience and wonderful reputations. For more information on our wonderful teaching staff see their bios below.
We teach traditional Hatha Yoga which we called "Inner Fire Yoga". Our intention is to honor the yogic tradition with a practice, which creates a positive effect on all aspects of human nature including the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Our goal is to train you to be able to design yoga classes and have the ability andskills to meet the unique needs of the students you teach. You will learn the philosophy behind the practice and develop the skills to teach an extremely well rounded hatha yoga classto a diverse range of students using a safe, supportive and time-tested methodology. Our philosophy is to make yoga accessible to all that may have an interest and our approach is grounded in sound traditional principles that make it a safe and healthy experience.
Specifically The Training Will Include:
* A comprehensive survey of over 55 yoga postures, including: alignment, uses, benefits, adaptations, mechanics, sequencing & adjustments.
* An emphasis on teachingmethodology, practical teaching experience including practicums with experienced teachers, and guidance on personal practice.
* A focus on the science of breath (pranayama), purification techniques (kriyas), and energy seals (bandas).
* The practice and application of the 8 limbs of yoga including the yamas, niyamas, asana, pranayama, pratyhara (withdrawal of the senses), dharana (concentration), meditation (dhyana) and absorption (samadhi).
* Yoga Philosophy including the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, the Vedas, Darshans, Upanishads and Vedanta.
* The exploration of physical and esoteric anatomy including anin-depthinvestigation into the human energy system of the chakras and it relates to the goal of yoga.
* The principles of Yoga's sister science of Ayurveda (The Science of Health and Healing) and how to practice it as part of living a Yogic lifestyle.
(One of the unique facets of the YOM program.)
* Introductions to special applications of hatha yoga including; Structural Yoga Therapy, Yoga for Seniors, Prenatal Yoga, Yin Yoga (Restorative Yoga), and a special introduction to our specific focus for our advanced training on Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy.
The cost of the program is just $2350. That is just about $12 per training hour, which is incredibly reasonable for a 200 hour program. There is a discount for early registration. ($250 off is you register by July 15th and $150 by August 15th.) We offer an optional payment programs to help spread out the cost over the 5 month period of the training. An example of this would be a deposit of $500 to register and then 4 additional payments of $400 from September-December. We also offer 7 free class to all our Teacher Training students and discounts to other programs during their Teacher Training Program experience.
Below is the agenda for the next Teacher Training Program starting September, 2016 below. We meet approximately 2 weekends per month and every Wednesday night until graduation.
We recommend that you come in take a free class. You can meet the Director , Shiva Das and get a feel for the Inner Fire style and the center and have an opportunity to ask questions. Shiva Das teaches on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10A.
We hope you will join us for this life transforming experience! Please feel free to contact Shiva Das for any additional info you may need or questions you may have!
CLASS SCHEDULE for Winter/Spring 2017 training:
(The First Friday class and all subsequent Wednesday evening classes run from 6:30 - 9:30pm. All Saturday/Sunday classes run from Noon - 6:00pm)
Friday, February 10th, 2017
Saturday / Sunday, February 11th, 12th, 25th and 26th
Wednesdays, February 15th and 22nd
Wednesdays, March 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th
Saturday/Sunday, March 4th, 5th, 18th and 19th
Wednesdays, April 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th
Saturday/Sunday, April 1st, 2nd, 15th, 16th, 29th and 30th
Wednesdays, May 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st
Saturday /Sunday May 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st
Wednesdays, June 7th and 14th
Saturday /Sunday June 10th and 11th
Graduation takes place on Saturday, June 17th, 2017!