THE “INNER FIRE YOGA” 300 HOUR ADVANCED TEACHER CERTIFICATION TRAINING
THE NEXT TRAINING SESSION BEGINS ON FRIDAY, March 22nd, 2019!
Tuition: $3350 (*Payment Plans Available)
To Register - please email or contact us at 215-482-7877!
1. Pay in full prior to the start of the training and receive a 20% discount off the cost of tuition!
*2. Payment plan option - A $500 deposit is needed prior to the start of the training to hold your place. (Please also see our policy regarding deposits/refunds under Schedule & Fees tab) . You can then choose to make a minimum of $300 monthly payments beginning in January and continue each consecutive month until the balance is paid in full. Please note that payments must be received by the end of each month! Balance must be paid in full prior to graduation in order to receive teaching certificate. $500 deposit becomes non-refundable after March 15th.
***If you register by March 1st and choose the payment plan option you'll receive $350 off the cost of tuition!
Study the dynamic, traditional relationship between the sister sciences of Yoga & Ayurveda in the Indian Vedic tradition know as Sanatana Dharma, the path to Eternal Truth.
This program was developed for those who have completed a 200 hour training and are ready to deepen their continuing education and experience a profound transformative immersion into the understanding and application of the ancient sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. This authentic and holistic approach is based on the work of Dr. David Frawley, one of the foremost authorities in the world on these ancient sciences.
This incredible study will focus on the following topics:
- The dynamic, traditional relationship between Ayurveda and Yoga, and the application of Ayurveda to the 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga from Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- The principles and applications of Ayurvedic Yoga in both group class & private settings and the use of these ancient sciences as therapy for healing.
- Real Yoga Therapy as it has been traditionally applied for all aspects of human nature!
- An in-depth study of the ancient Ayuvedic and Yogic texts including; The Charak Samhitha, The Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita, The Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and The Bhakti Sutras.
- An in-depth study of Sanskrit, the language of Yoga and Ayurveda.
- The application of the inner practices of Raja Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Tantra to deepen concentration of the senses, the mind and emotions.
Join our amazing teachers for this advanced offering and take your professional development as a teacher and personal practice as a student to the next level!
The Training will be Limited to 20 people.
(240 hours of class time - 60 hours of home study and practicum)
1. Integrated Ayurvedic Yoga - Ed Zadlo – 88 hours
- Historical background of Ayurveda and Yoga
- Review of the fundamental principles of Ayurevda.
- Fundamental Ayurvedic assessment practices. (Assessment form, pulses, tongue assessment, assessment of physical characteristics.)
- Understanding the true purpose of Ayurveda and Yoga (The ultimate aspect of health – Enlightenment)
- Review of the 4 paths of yoga from the Ayurvedic perspective. (Using the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Yoga sutras, and the Bhagavagita.
- Study of the Raja Yoga path as the 8 limbs of healing.
- Ayurvedic application of the 8 limbs of Yoga.
- Mantra Therapy
- Introduction to Tantra
2. Ayurvedic Yoga - Asana and Pranayama based on Ayurvedic Principles - Shiva Das– 64 hours
- Background on Ayurvedic Yoga and the Ayurvedic principles of asana and pranayama.
- Creating greater personal health through an Ayurvedic Yoga practice.
- General Ayurvedic Yoga Principle for Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Application of Ayurvedic Yoga principles for specific poses - how to use each pose to balance the Vata, Pitta, & Kapha dosha.
- Group classes to balance Vata, Pita and Kapha.
- Therapeutic Privates to balance Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
- Ayurvedic Yoga applications to seasonal changes for each dosha
3. American Sanskrit Institute: Sanskrit Level 1 - Zoi Mai – 20 hours
4. Principles and Practice of Bhakti Yoga – David Newman – 16 hours
5. To Be Announced – 20 Hours
6. Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy – Amar Joythi - 16 Hours
7. Marma Yoga & Ayuryoga Basics – 16 hours
8. Home Study and Practicum – 60 hours
- Two documented private case studies. To include the use of a formal assessment model, review with assigned mentor and follow up session with client. ( Ed Zadlo and Shiva Das will assist as mentors.)
- Design of 3 formal lesson plans for group classes for each of the Ayurvedic Doshas of Vatta, Pitta and Kapha. All lesson plans will be turned into and reviewed by Shiva Das for approval.
- Reading Assignments, Practice Teaching Assignments with fellow students.
COURSE DATES AND TIMES for 2019
Class times are as follows: Friday evenings 6pm - 10pm; Saturdays and Sundays from Noon - 8pm
Program begins - Friday, March 22nd from 6:00 - 10:00pm
Saturday, March 23rd and Sunday, March 24th
Friday, April 12th
Saturday and Sunday, April 13th and 14th
Friday, May 10th
Saturday and Sunday, May 11th and 12th
Friday, June 14th
Saturday and Sunday, June 15th and 16th
Friday, July 20th
Saturday and Sunday, July 21st and 22nd
Friday, August 9th
Saturday and Sunday, August 10th and 11th
Friday, September 20th
Saturday and Sunday, September 21st and 22nd
Friday, October 18th
Saturday and Sunday, October 19th and 20th
Friday, November 15th
Saturday and Sunday, November 16th and 17th
Friday, December 6th
Saturday, December 7th, Sunday, December 8th
Friday, January 3rd, 2020
Saturday, January 4th and Sunday, January 5th
Friday, February 1st
Saturday, February 2nd- Graduation
Shiva Das (Jim McCabe) is the Managing Partner of Yoga On Main, which he has run since 2000. He has studied Yoga since 1987 and has been teaching since since 1995. His influences include the Integral Yoga Tradition of Swami Satchidananda, the Vinyi Yoga Tradition of Sri T. Krisnamacharya and his son T.K.V. Desikachar as well as work of David Frawley and Eric Shiffman. His primary teacher and Guru is the Great India Saint, Mata Amritanadamayi Devi, "Amma". Her primary direct is "LOVE and SERVE".
Shiva Das is co-creator of "Inner Fire Yoga" along with his business partner and Founder of Yoga On Main, David Newman. Shiva Das in collaboration with David and Senior Teacher, Ed Zadlo has developed Yoga On Main's highly recognized "Inner Fire Yoga Teacher Certification Programs". He has authored several Teacher Training Manuals, and is recognized as one of Philadelphia's premiere Yoga Instructors. He teaches regular weekly classes throughout the Philadelphia area as we as leads workshops and retreats throughout the world.
Ed Zadlo D.Ay (Acharya Premanand) is a Certified Ayurveda Practitioner, Integral Yoga-Ayurveda Therapist and Acharya (expert teacher) of Yoga/Vedanta, Ayurveda and Vedic Dharma. He has had an Ayurveda practice for over 14 years, and has offered trainings in Ayurveda, Meditation and the Inner Practices of Yoga for over 25 years. He began his study of Ayurvedic Healing with Dr. David Frawley (Pundit Vamadeva Shastri) director of The American Institute of Vedic Studies in 1986, is also a graduate of their Ayurvedic Intensive Training, Yoga and Ayurveda Advanced Course and IYTA Teacher Training and was certified by Dr. Frawley in 2008 as an Ayurveda Yoga Acharya with 1200 hours of advanced Integral Yoga/Ayurveda study. He graduated from The New England Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine in 1996 where he also became a faculty member. He completed advanced clinical study at the Rishikesh College of Ayurveda in Rishikesh, India in 2000 and 2001. He is a member of The American Ayurvedic Medical Association and is the first certified Acharya of Integral Ayurveda/Yoga Therapy in the U.S. Ed lives near Sumneytown, PA where he has a full time Ayurveda practice and also teaches Vedic Studies, Vedanta and Meditation for many ashrams and yoga centers in the USA. www.edzadlo.com
David Newman or Durga Das, as he is also known, is a Kirtan Chant Artist and a practitioner and educator of Bhakti Yoga - the Yoga of Love. David travels extensively singing Kirtan (Indian devotional chanting) and sharing the spiritual, meditative and musical aspects of Yoga. David is the co-creator of Inner Fire Yoga and the founder of Yoga On Main in Philadelphia. www.davidnewmanmusic.com
AmarJyothi (Bonnie Pariser) E-RYT 500, SYT is the founder, director and senior instructor at Yoga Loka in Frenchtown. She has practiced Yoga for more than 20 years and has taught Yoga for eight years. Bonnie completed her initial Yoga Teacher Training and her first Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training at Saraswati River Yoga with Kirin Mishra. She is certified as a Structural Yoga Therapist under the direction of Mukunda Stiles, a worldwide leader in the field of Therapeutic Yoga, and the author of the seminal book, "Structural Yoga Therapy." She has completed the first level Thai Yoga Massage training with Lotus Palm School in Montreal, Level one Reiki with Jacqui Crown, and is currently completing a three-year course of study in Kirin Mishra's Bhairavi Program. www.yoga-loka.com
Zoe Mai began practicing Ashtanga Yoga with Manju Jois in Philadelphia in 1995. In 2005 and 2006 she traveled to India to study with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and Sharath Rangaswamy. She began her study of Sanskrit in India. Upon returning to the States, Zoe took her first Weekend Sanskrit Training with Vyaas Houston. The experience was illuminating and life transforming. After experiencing the ASI learning model, her study of Sanskrit became a graceful dance with a living breathing language. Since that first weekend training, Zoe has taken every opportunity to study with Vyaas in an attempt to move more deeply into the language and fully imbibe the yoga based learning model of the American Sanskrit Institute. She is currently teaching college classes in Psychology, Yoga Philosophy and Sanskrit using only the ASI learning model.